Monday, March 19, 2012

WELL THIS STITCHY WEEKEND (IHSW)



I continued to work on “His Name is Jesus” and I finished the first page.  I had just started the second page and the new start bug bit me and I had to see what this new chart would look like.

  It's what I think is a freebie from http://olgamaxden.blogspot.com/   I was directed to this blog by a friend and I am so sorry that I cannot read a single word but there are some of the most beautiful charts with these specialty stitches.  If and when I finish this start it will be for my daughter who loves purple.  I am attempting to stitch this with DMC 30552 (S552) satin floss.  Actually this is the second start of this chart, the first was on 28ct black Cashel linen and I couldn’t see the holes and got scared so I switched to 14ct black Aida.  I didn’t want to ruin the linen picking things out. 

In addition to the stitching I did some other stitch related tasks that I have let build up.  I went through and returned all of the floss colors I have used in the last three or four finishes to my stash boxes and updated my inventory, yes I keep an inventory of which colors I have.  They are mostly DMC but I do have a few WDW, Threadworx, Crescent Colors and The Gentle Arts.
Now this isn’t actually a figurine but it brought back so many memories when I first saw it I couldn’t help but buy it.  When my husband was stationed in Hawaii my now 26 year old was only in elementary school and the hottest shoe style was “Jellys”.  Talk about smelly feet, after a day at school and play I would have to clean the mud out of them every day but she loved them. The quarter is so you know that this is not the real shoe.


Well I hope everyone had a very good IHSW I sure did.  Thanks for stopping by and please come again soon.  Time to make the little xxs.

12 comments:

MarchAnn said...

Thanks for the website, couldn't read it either but I love the designs too.
Jelly's messed those but I think my nieces loved them.
"His Name" is coming along great.

gracie said...

How cute is that little jelly! Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog....

Anne said...

Great start on that black Aida! Those specialty stitches look like fun to do!! Jelly Shoes! I remember those! I had a pair when I was 9 and loved them!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello

Great progress on your WIP and your new start looks lovely, looking forward to sseing that one grow.

Love the jelly shoe, takes me back a bit.

Happy stitching.

geeky Heather said...

Omigosh, I remember Jellies...I had a beautiful turquoise sling-back pair!! =D

Nice progress you're making!

Jan said...

Don't be afraid of the linen! LOL! The specialty stitches look pretty good so far.
I liked the site you had the link for.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

That old start bug will get you every time! Your stitching looks great!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

The most amazing hands in the world. The stitching is so delicate and beautiful. Great work. Thanks so much for stopping by Minnie. I know that you are busy and I so appreciate you stopping by.
Me

Claudette497 said...

My father refused to buy plastic shoes, so I had to live the dream through others, but I surely do remember that craze. Your stitching looks lovely, I wrote off linen when I tried it too, but I think your work looks very natural on the Aida.

Joysze said...

I can't wait for the unveiling of His Name, Minnie. It's looking so good. :D

Thanks for the linkie. You can run Google translator and have a read. :) If you use the Chrome browser, this option is built in.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

great progress :)

Sheila said...

Awww adorable jelly. I remember them too and my daughter enjoyed them for years. Now they have jelly sandals with heels... what is going on with that... ridiculous I tell ya.