Thursday, March 22, 2012

MY MARCH TUSAL and THE GREAT SCISSORS SCAMPER


Today is the new moon and time for the March TUSAL.  Mine is being paired with another Annie Lee figurine that’s called “Bathing Mama’s Baby”.  This could have been a picture taken directly from my childhood down to the three little braids.  My TUSAL shows the finish of my soldier memorial with the metallic gold from the stars, the browns from “Random Threads”,  the blues from “His Name is Jesus” and the purple satin from my new start on “Spring Heart”. Wow what a month, I have had so much fun stitching them all.

As I was reading through several blogs the other day I found the most fun thing, thanks to “Mouse”, it is a Scissors Scamper that is being hosted by Inky over at “The Stamper’s Stitches”




 Here are my scissors, I never realized I had this many.

The bigger orange ones were the work horses at my desk; they were used for everything and now are just part of the décor. They have been replaced by the gray/yellow ones.  The blue ones are my living room/stitching area work horses.  Pink- was a gift from DMC for participating in last years “Stitch Pink” program.  Golden-was a gift from my daughter a couple of Christmas’ ago.  The next are what I call my frogging shears with the little hook to clip stitches when the frogs attack. Last but not least is the newest pair that I picked up in Vegas last year that I absolutely love.  They are convenient and easy to carry with my current projects. So there you have it…my Great Scissor Scamper.
Well I’m off as usual to make some wonderful little xxs.  Thank you all for stopping by to visit and comment.

8 comments:

Shirlee said...

Another cute figurine : ) Your scissors are very pretty. I have only had 1 pair of cross stitch scissors since returning to the craft but recently received a second pair in an exchange (these are going to be my travel scissors) & then last week I ordered a new pair for home because the old ones suddenly seem to be scraping a bit & are difficult to open & close. There's a sentence for you ... lol!

Tricia T said...

Hello, Minnie! How fun to see your scissors collection and hear which are your favorites!! I'm glad to have found your blog, too! Your stitching is beautiful and I love the "His Name is Jesus" piece that you are working on. Thanks so much for joining the Scissors Scamper!

Joysze said...

I love your figurines, Minnie!!! :D Nice scissors collection you have there.;)

Julie said...

Love the Fan figurine, that's definitely me at the moment.
We had those jelly shoes back home too.

Daffycat said...

Out ogling ORTs. Your jar looks great! Love your scissors too!

Anne said...

Adorable figurine!! Love all your scissors :D

Beebeebabs said...

Love your figurine and all your scissors thanks for sharing!!!

Sheila said...

Cool collection of scissors and totally drooling over the Bathing Mama’s Baby figurine.... so cute.