Thursday, February 12, 2015

Good and Bad News

A couple of posts ago I told you that my sister was terminally ill, well the good news is the
Lord took her home and relieved all her pain and suffering. The bad news is I already miss her so much. My beloved Diane was a type 1 diabetic from the age of 13 and defied all the doctor's predictions that she wouldn't live past her 20s, she was 68. Over the years she developed arthritis so bad that it forced her to retire as the school lunch lady, but it gave her the chance to move in with her daughter and grandson who she adored. Diane was diagnosed with breast cancer last spring and because of her diabetes and heart condition her treatment couldn't be as aggressive as the doctors would have liked but they began with the hope she would achieve remission. Unfortunately in early November tests showed that in fact the cancer had spread. Even though Diane and I are 11 years apart in age we were very close, at times I felt that she was my second mother. It killed me to see the suffering she was going through but I know in my heart that she is now whole, there is no diabetes, no arthritis, no cancer and no pain. I ask you all as friends to please send up a prayer for my niece and her son that they have the strength to get through these troubled times and I will back soon.

34 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like she had a great life and was lucky enough to spend time with her family too.
I am sure she is at peace now and will be watching over you all.
(((Hugs)))

Blu said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and yours.

Ineke said...

So sorry for your loss.

Brigitte said...

So sorry for your loss, Minnie. My thoughts go out to you and the whole family.

Susieq said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers will be sent for you and your family.

Justine said...

Very sorry to hear of your sister's passing. I will pray for all your family xx

Heather said...

I'm so sorry Minnie but I'm glad her suffering is over. Sending healing thoughts your way.

D1-D2 said...

I'm sorry for your loss.

Jan said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Minnie.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

I am sorry for the loss of your sister Minnie.

Jackie said...

Keeping you and your family in prayers Minnie:)

Vickie said...

Oh dear Minnie. I had not stopped praying for you all. I know you all kept on faithfully, and God's will was done. Yes, it is good and bad isn't it? Well good for her. I would love to no longer be in pain. I am so glad you will be reunited with her again. I will continue to pray for you all.♥

Emma/Itzy said...

I so sorry, I will keep you and all your family in my thoughts xx

sharine said...

So sorry for your loss. Best thoughts for you and your familyxx

CalamityJr said...

I'm so sorry to hear of Diane's passing, dear Minnie. Of course I will continue to keep all of your family in my prayers.

Vicky said...

Sorry for your loss Minnie. Hugs to you.

Daffycat said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Many hugs and prayers.

Christine said...

I'm sorry for your loss

Mii Stitch said...

Big hugs to you & your family. She's no longer suffering xx

Mii Stitch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mii Stitch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mii Stitch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

So sorry to hear of your loss.
Sending hugs and healing thoughts your way.

Jan said...

I sent you an email, but in case you don't get it, I let the other girls know and I'll let the ladies at the shop know also. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Katie said...

Big Hugs Minnie. So sorry for the loss you feel. I will keep the whole family in my thoughts.

Terri said...

I am so sorry for your loss! Hugs and prayers!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

So, so sorry but what a blessing you had her for so long! Love and prayers.

Shebafudge said...

I am so sorry for you all in the loss of Diane. I hope she is at peace and offer up prayers for her and you all at this time. RIP. xx

Julie said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope your heart will soon be filled with the happy times you shared and the sadness will diminish. xxxx

Sandy said...

So sorry for you loss, I know the pain you are feeling because I'm still feeling it with our daughter's passing in January. Remember the good times, so happy she got to spend time with her daughter and granddaughter. Glad she is no longer in pain and now she is watching over you all

Sandy

EvalinaMaria said...

My prayers are going to you and yours. I know you're missing your sister but do not be selfish. She is in the better place right now. And I'm sure she will still watch over you from the above. Hugs

Meari said...

I am so sorry for your loss ((hugs))

Minnie said...

Thank you all so much for the comforting words and prayers. They are greatly appreciated. Again thank you all.

Joysze said...

Minnie, I am so sorry for you loss. ((((HUGS))))