Wednesday, February 4, 2015

February WIPocalypse 2015

This month's WIPocalypse (click on the button to the right for more info) question is "How do you overcome the feeling that you're in a rut with a particular project?" Well I love to cross stitch as does all of us but there are times where a certain design feels like it will go on and on forever with no end in sight. What I have done is switch to something else for a while, usually something small so I can have that little boost of gratification that I have accomplished something and then I can return to that BAP (big a-- project) with a clear mind, stress-free. As I was looking over my wips I don't seem to have worked on very many but I do have some finishes and new starts, so lets get to them. First up is a small geisha by Joan Elliott from her small Oriental Collection booklet that came The World of Cross Stitch magazine issue 177. She is stitched on 14ct off white Aida with DMC floss.
Next up is Mary Mouse (no relation to Mickey or Minnie) another of Brooke Nolan's Advent Animals.

 She joins Kitty and Pete and is also stitched with DMC floss on my robin egg blue kitchen towel.
The one wip that I did work on this month is Sea Goddess, another Joan Elliott design.She went from looking like this...
to this.
The camera doesn't do this one justice, her colors are gorgeous in real life. Last but not least is a new start called "North Pole Express" from Little House Needleworks designed for Classic Colorworks.  It is a freebie that you have to get from your LNS as you purchase the CC flosses to do the design.
I am stitching this on a 28ct linen with iridescent sparkles (I forget the name) that remind me of the northern lights with the Classic Colorworks flosses called for. That is all I have this time, off to make some more wonderful little xxs.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful stitching and projects ♥

sharine said...

Lots of great stitching:)

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Your Geisha finish is lovely Minne and those Brooke Nolan designs are very sweet.
The JE Sea Goddess looks beautiful,great progress,I love the purples in the design and I am looking forward to an update on North Polar Express.I love it so far and the fabric looks like it has sparkly snow on it.

Elfie said...

Great work. Love the geisha, and also Sea Goddess.

D1-D2 said...

I love the geisha, I've been wanting to stitch Joan Elliott's geishas for so long.

Katie said...

Lots of lovely stitching. Congrats on your finish. She is beautiful.

Katy said...

Lovely!

Julie said...

Sea goddess is spectacular, well done on the progress of your other projects too.

Jan said...

Lot of lovely stitching Minnie. Congrats on your finish. My favorite is still Sea Goddess.

Jan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Great stitching as usual! I love those Advent animals so much. I will have to stitch them at some point.

Erin (moviemuse) said...

Mary Mouse is absolutely adorable! And you got a ton done on Sea Goddess. She looks fantastic!

Marcy said...

Sea Goddess is gorgeous! Congrats on the finish ... she's so pretty.

Sarah Haggett said...

Lovely stitching, you are getting close with Sea Goddess, and her colours and fabric look beautiful on here so if they are better in real life they must be stunning!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous stitching this post. I love all your designs but the little polar bear is so cute and a little different too!

Stitching in the country said...

Nice projects and you seem to be getting near some finishes

Deb said...

Oh my gosh! Wonderful work!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I love it all but that little mouse is my favorite.

Cathy said...

I love all of your projects. Keep stitching so I can come back and look some more.

Meari said...

Awesome stitching. I think I have the Joan Elliott book in my stash.