Friday, December 28, 2012

Sorry I've Been MIA

There has been so much going on that I wasn't able to post much. I've been stitching squares for the Sandy Hook quilts and working to finish my biscornu for the exchange next month.  As if that wasn't enough I of course waited to the last minute to do Christmas shopping and then there was Christmas dinner preparations and cooking.  Finally there was Christmas and wooooo hooooo!  Did I ever hit the mother lode?  First I received issue 198 of The World of Cross Stitch with the Joan Elliott diary from my very special stitching angel Karen Newton-Smith in the UK.  It arrived on Christmas Eve, I don’t know how she did it but that was perfect timing.  I also received in the mail my copy of Cross Stitch Gold with Joan Elliott’s “Father Frost” and the latest issue of Just Cross Stitch.  I found, ordered and received copies of JE’s “Wit and Wisdom”, JE’s Sentiments and Sayings” and “Cross Stitch Angels” from David & Charles publishing’s. I got them through Amazon for very reasonable prices.
My Santa daughter gifted me a three disk set of “Hidden Object” games (my favorites).  The Hubby was the ultimate Santa, from him I got two new audio books, beautiful flosses with bobbins and a storage box; I got three beautiful kits, a desk top Ott lamp and an EZ Lap Stand.   
Our stitch-in group had a special Christmas gathering, we had lots of goodies to sample and Ellen our hostess gave everyone a beautiful Christmas gift. We got crackers from Patricia with surprise gifts and our gold crowns inside.  Here are a few of ladies from our group, some actually stitched others ate and Rieka (I hope I've spelled her name correctly) even brought and shared a finished piece of hers that she had framed in on a trip home to India. The frame is completely hand carved and stained, it’s really beautiful and my photography doesn't do it justice.
Well I've kept you in suspense long enough, but before all of the pictures I want to say welcome to my new followers and thank you to all for visiting and leaving comments. So I’ll have some stitching progress to share next time, I’m off to make more wonderful little xxs.  




Angel Wings


Love my audio books.
We all got this one "The Primitive Hare-2012" + all the trimmings.
                                                     
Patricia on right
Ellen on the left is our hostess and owner of In Stitches Needlework

I hope it was worth the wait. See you next time!












14 comments:

Katie said...

Congrats on the Christmas goodies. Sounds like a wonderful Christmas indeed.

Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

sharine said...

Great new stash which is sure to keep you busy in the new year:)

Jan said...

Your family did great. Wonderful new stash.
I don't remember signing a waiver for you to use my likeness LOL!
We missed seeing you in your jammies on Thursday at In Stitches. See you this Wedmesday.

Unknown said...

What great gifts and wonderful future projects. Looking forward to you WIPs in 2013

Vickie said...

Wow!! You got a lot of stitchy goodness for Christmas. Good for you.

Shirlee said...

You received lovely gifts! I'm so glad your Christmas was a happy one : )

Jackie said...

You had a haul of gifts Minnie and a very busy Christmas.
TFS your pics of your Christmas gathering too. I enjoyed seeing them.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

You have had plenty going on! Enjoy the hidden object games. I play them on my computer as well. Fun!!!!!

Brigitte said...

Oh great, so many stitchy gifts for you. So the next stitching year is safe, lol.
Have a great start 2013!

irene m. said...

What a fantastic Christmas bounty you received. Hubby and I don't exchange gifts any more. Maybe we should rethink that. I did get a bag of unusual food goodies from our youngest son. Lots of chocolate of course. One is Jalapeno Chocolate. Smells and tastes like chocolate. Until you swallow it. Zing! LOL

I don't see a picture of your biscornu. Hmm. I'll have to wait for photos later. I haven't even started mine. Shame on me.

Looks like you have an excellent start to your New year. Keep up the good work.

Faith... said...

What a fantastic day you had Minnie! Can't wait to see your new starts. Looks like a great stitchy get together.

Happy New Years!

Anonymous said...

What great goodies Minnie ! And where is the biscornu for the exchange - I am almost motivated to make myself one. Our gold crowns look super nice and don't worry ...you almost got my name right 😝See ya Wednesday - Rekha

Minnie said...

Thank you Rekha and I hope you forgive me I'll never misspell it again.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sounds like you've been having a great time.
I'm stitching the Joan Elliott Diary designs too, one a month (hopefully!).