Friday, August 31, 2012

All XX's August 2012 Wipocalypse Again



I don’t have a lot of progress on the wips I’ve worked on but there is a few that have none. So to keep from boring you with pictures you’ve seen before I’ll just tell you which are unchanged:
Banu
Spring Heart
 Champagner
 3 Kimonos 
You’ve seen the beginning of “Africa” the up-date of AW80S, so here is a picture of “Rose Sampler” with a little progress.
Before
After
I started the last design in the “Black & White” project, it shouldn’t take long to finish. 


Last but not least is the finished “African Women”; at least all of the stitching is done. I have been doing my happy dance for the last four days, I wanted to share as soon as I finished but decided to save it for this post. When I decide on the right fabric to finish it with I will post another picture. 


I found this chart a while back and I thought it was really interesting.



The head and neck area of the design is not stitched but made of paper. Paper faces like this were done back in the 19th century on samplers and needlework all the time. Some were even painted directly on the sampler. You can either use the picture of the face the way it is or glue it to thicker cardboard before gluing it to the sampler.

I went out to Barnes & Noble today and I found this magazine with this simple sampler chart. I am not normally a sampler person but every now and then one will catch my eye. This sampler is stitched with DMC blue/purple 4240 color variations on 28 ct quaker evenweave. 
Wow that is a total of  8 wips and here I am looking at other charts, I need to start something new like I need another hole in my head. If you ask my DH he will say I must have fallen and bumped my head. I don't think I will start anything new anytime soon but who knows.  Well like others have said if you are still here after all of this, I thank you for stopping back by and welcome to the new viewers and followers, hope you'll comment and come back soon.  To all of my US friends have a safe and happy Labor Day weekend. I'm off to make some more little xxs. 

14 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Everything is so pretty! That Rose Sampler is stunning!

sharine said...

Great stitching and congratulations on your finish!

Emma/Itzy said...

African Women looks lovely, well done! I know what you mean about another new start...I have four on the go at the moment and I am itching to start another :(

rosek1870 said...

Beautiful work as always my friend. I love your finish and I have always loved that rose sampler. I have it somewhere in my stash. I could start it at some point. I have 2 projects going but haven't done any stitching since the SAL.
Hugs
Rose

Shirlee said...

I am in awe of you, as always : ) Have a great weekend!

Angela CG said...

Loving your stitching on African Women. I know what you mean by starting a new finish but I figured I had to catch up and have more WIP's so...I am going to get the stuff to kit up my new HAED pattern I picked up yesterday.

Thank you for sharing your work with us. You inspire those of us just starting or re-starting our love affair with stitching.

MarchAnn said...

The African Ladies is great and I love the rose sampler too. Of course the sampler in the magazine is my kind of project. I will be following your progress.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

I love your Rose Sampler Minnie.
African Women is gorgeous.I love all the patterns in the design. I look forward to seeing your Little by Little design with the ladies head attached. I had no idea that this method was used in stitching.Very interesting,thank you.

Karen said...

Your work is so lovely! I really like African Women and the black and white project -- both very cool! And it looks like I need to make a trip to B&N; I like that rainbow on the cover.

Unknown said...

I really like the rose sampler and the African women.
I'm looking forward to see more of the little by little chart.

Hugs Yvon.

Sheila said...

You did a fantastic job on the African women and amazed at your needle work.

EvalinaMaria said...

Very nice progress and congrats on the finish!

Jackie said...

Woo hoo Minnie. Congrats on your finish. I'd be dancing too if I had a finish too. I like the pattern, Littlie by Little. She looks like a cutie.
No worries!!! You will be hooked on the samplers soon enough.
Hope you are enjoying your Labor Day.

Joysze said...

YAY on the finish, Minne! Love it. :D

I love, love, LOVE Rose Sampler. It's so pretty and dainty! :D