Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Did You Miss Me Much??

Sorry for being gone for so long but here I am and I have some things to share. I have been so swept up by the videos on flosstube (Youtube) I haven't watched TV or even been on Facebook like I usually am.  The videos make you feel like someone else is there stitching with you even though they aren't stitching but sharing their wips, finishes and stash haul. I have taken the plunge myself and now have a video out there, www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0YdvGLKKs4   Since I made this first video I have done some research and watched a very good tutorial on making videos so I promise my next one will be much better. Ok on with some finds and pictures.
 You are probably wondering "What's so special about these grime guards?" Well they are actually steering wheel covers from the dollar store, they fit a 10" hoop and up to an 11" x 11" q-snap. I got these and another one that I'm using for $1 each. What a great Facebook find. Ok wips are next, here is where I am on my chart "The Walking Dead"
Here is where I left off with "The Game of Thones"
I have a few new starts and the first one is The Hogwarts Crest, stitched on 18ct white Aida,
Note the grime guard
the next one is "A Bump in the Night" from the 2015 Halloween issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine and is being stitched on 32 ct Belfast linen- Limestone.
 The last new start I have is "Cross Eyed Cat" from Not Forgotten Farms stitched on 14ct DMC Marbled Aida

That's all I have to share today, so I will go now and make some more wonderful little xxs, so I'll have more to share next time. Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

gracie said...

Oh hello, nice to see you back. What a great idea for the frames....thank you for sharing. Love the stitching....

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I did miss you. Looks like you have been busy.

Mii Stitch said...

Great stitching on all your projects :)
I am on the hunt for those qsnap grime guards!!! What a clever find!

Katie said...

I made myself a promise not to get into flosstube haha. So far I've stuck with it. I know if I do I'll get addicted and never get anything done. Beautiful work on your WIPs. Keep it up. Love your new starts.

Anna van Schurman said...

I share Katie's attitude toward Floss Tube but I'm also worried I'll just end up being a later adapter. Good to have you back and see all the lovely pieces you've been working on!

Unknown said...

Dollar Store Here I go.
Thanks for sharing your video - I Love Floss Tube - just started watching it this past month. It really is wonderful. My wish list keeps growing, and the wonderful ideas. Have bookmarked your Video. Thank you for sharing

Heather said...

Beautiful progress!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I've just subscribed! I like the length of the video. It is exactly the amount of time it take me to do the washing up and I like to have a video to watch while I'm doing it!

I love all your WIPs this post. Especially the GoT banners (love those castles) and the Cross Eyed Cat. That's a fun piece.

Brigitte said...

I also watch floss tube while stitching or ironing or other housework so it's no waste of time but some nice company :)
Love your stitchy pieces and you made great progress on them.

Justine said...

I'm quite new to FlossTube viewing - I think anyone who does it is really brave! I enjoyed seeing your WIPS.

Julie said...

Lov0ley update post, the GOT banners are fun.