Sunday, August 17, 2014

IHSW August 2014

As this month's IHSW comes to a close I have a few things to share even through I didn't stitch as much as I would have liked to.  Normally Saturday evening is when I get the most stitching in but this Saturday night was Cirque Du Soleil "Amaluna", this was suppose to be hubby's birthday gift last Saturday but sadly he was sick as a dog and we missed it. Thankfully I was able to reschedule for last night's show and it was FUNTASTIC!   Now I didn't exactly stitch this during IHSW but I did finish part two of the Joan Elliott Mystery SAL, as I mentioned before this is what Joan called "Cottage Cat", who us stitchers named Hayzie Elliott.
As you can see I stitched his eyes, ears and nose 1 over 1.  I just love the way the eyes turned out, and here is the over all picture.


After that finish I decided that I should really get to work on the August Birthday cake but this is as far as I got.

And this other mystery SAL started calling me... it is "Early Witches" a Halloween Mystery SAL from The Primitive Hare. I actually haven't gotten too far on this one either.
   As I say,(and I'm making this up right now) any stitching is progress. And with that little pearl of wisdom I'm off to make some more wonderful little xxs. Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Karen said...

Oooh, love your Joan Elliot piece -- so pretty!

Mii Stitch said...

Your JE piece is looking so promising ;) I can't wait to see more!

Vickie said...

Your cat is the first one I have seen. I love it.

Julie said...

A gorgeous addition to the JS SAL, over 1 stitching of the ears, eyes and nose looks wonderful.

Katie said...

Beautiful pieces. Love the kitty. The over one looks perfect.

EvalinaMaria said...

Well done my dear! The emerald green eyes are so mesmerizing... love it!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Love the kitty cat and all your stitchy stuff!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love your over 1 stitching on the cat, it really does enhance his features.
I am in two minds about the cat. I am a cat person but mine was a more delicate faced cat than that so I would convert it which might annoy the purists as it won't be a "Joan" design anymore.
I think the solution is to wait until the end and make a decision then!

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Very Beautiful Progress on your Mystery SAL's. I don't have time to do any Mystery SAL's.

Happy Stitching
Linda K, Railroad