Friday, July 13, 2012

The good and the bad...


The good news is, I now have a craft room and the bad news is my baby (26 yr. old) has finally left the nest.  I have installed my desk, all of my stash and even my TV is mounted on the wall.  This room is more than a craft room, it’s my sanctuary. There is only one chair and everything in here is mine.  My first order of business was to put up my finished projects even though they are not framed and actually thumb tacked to the walls.  I had the bright idea to stretch them over foam core board which will make it easier to frame them as I find the appropriate frame for each one.  So far I’ve only done five, and like everything else it’s a WIP too. There are some very exciting things going on for me starting Saturday. I will be stitching in what we on the forum at (about.comcross stitch) call a SWAT. I’ve mentioned it before; it’s a Stitch Week-A-Thon. The rules are, you stitch whatever you want, as much or as little as you want, from the beginning Saturday to the ending Saturday (14-21 July). The Saturdays are 8 hour marathons to stitch and watch old movies or TV shows, your choice. The main thing is to have fun and know that somewhere in the world someone is stitching right along with you.  Also on the 15th I will be attending a “Lock-In” at my LNS (In StitchesNeedlework), it starts at 1 pm until 5pm with a catered lunch. I will have pictures to share.  Monday is sign-up day for the next IHSW which starts on the 21 July, so I’ll be stitching every day, even after my mixed league golf round on Tuesday afternoon at (Greendale GolfCourse). Normally I’d be going to stitch-night at In Stitches Needleworks on the third Wednesday night of the month, but stitch-night is on hiatus until September so it’s stitching at home while listening to the TV.  Thursday is the new moon which means it’s time for TUSAL (Totally Useless SAL) I’ll have a picture to post for your approval.  Again on Friday I will be left to my own devices and who knows what trouble I will get into. Saturday of course is IHSW and the end of SWAT so a stitching I will be.  I suspect I will make some progress on some of my WIPs or some new starts; in any case I will be making some little xxs.  Well here are a few pictures of my sanctuary, and a bonus picture of me in Atlantic City last weekend.  Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments which I love and join me in making xxs.













13 comments:

rosek1870 said...

Oh Minnie
Lucky, lucky you! As much as I am not looking forward to Devin moving out I am looking forward to a craft room in my future! It will be so nice to be able to find all my stash (although I will probably be shocked by how much there really is). Looking forward to the SWAT!!!
Rose

Ineke said...

It is wonderful you have a craft room to put up all your projects.
You'll get used to the empty nest.
Enjoy the SWAT.

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm a new follower of your blog.
Your craftroom looks great and I love your pictures.
Enjoy your SWAT.

MarchAnn said...

Room looks great Minnie and I love how you have it set up, ONE CHAIR.
Enjoy the lock in and I bet you had a ball in Atlantic City did you and the hubby go or you girl friends.

sharine said...

Great craft room. Your finished projects look wonderful.

Jan said...

Boy you didn't waste any time to claim that room for you! I am so jealous. I would love to have a craft room of my own.
I'll see you at the lock in. Save me a seat if you get there before me.

Irene M. said...

What a lovely sanctuary. My husband has the garage as his man cave with all his woodworking and tools. My stuff is stashed in cabinets in closets. Now tell me - is that fair? LOL Enjoy YOUR room.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Oh i know you will love a craft room! I have about destroyed ours being in creative mode! LOL!

Jackie said...

I enjoyed seeing your sanctuary
Minnie and I wish your DD well.

Shirlee said...

Congratulations on getting a sanctuary! I sometimes joke with John that when we sell this house we need to purchase 2 smaller ones right next to each other ... one for him & his stuff & one for me & mine : ) Have fun with all the stitching you are going to be involved with!

Faith... said...

I am so oficially jealous! Your own craft room - wow...good for you. I can't wait until I get one of those :)

Have fun at your lock in tomorrow, can't wait to see what you stitch up there.

Tywanna said...

Minnie, I love your sanctuary. You have your very own mini shop. Have you ever thought about selling the unframed cross stitch pieces. Also, did I see a Michelle Obama picture? Is that a print or a cross stitch? It is always good to see someone living life. Enjoy!

Joy said...

Go Minnie! I know you are sad, but you moved in quickly! LOL I am jealous too...got a minute before I can join the club. You have earned it! Great pieces!