Monday, November 19, 2012

Late IHSW (but not forgotten)



I was debating with myself whether I should post now or when I have some actual stitching to show but I have to post something for this past weekend, it was IHSW.  OK, here goes,  I started this weekend off examining a new magazine I got in the mail it is the latest issue of “Cross stitch & Needlework”. It is chucked full of wonderful charts like the Santa on the cover and this beautiful Nora Corbett.  It is the Winter Dream Faerie.  I have never done a Nora Corbett but I may just have to try this one isn't it gorgeous?



There is another chart from this book that I started stitching on this last Friday however I can only show a snippet because it is to be an exchange piece if I change my mind about it I will show it in another post.


 The book hiding the stitching is a book I discovered today at Barnes & Noble, it’s called “Blackwork”. It’s a murder mystery (my favorite)  and the main character does what else, cross stitch and needlework.   The book is by Monica Ferris and there is an actual cross stitch chart included in the book.   I may not have found a way to stitch and read at the same time but I can read about someone else stitching.
Also this weekend I attended a stitch & bitch at Jan's house, she fired up Skype on her laptop and we got to visit with MarchAnn and take a tour of her new retirement condo. So even though it doesn't look it, I had a very productive IHSW. I now have the eighth part of AW80S to start on, my exchange piece to finish and my Santa from my last post so I think I will have to close up the laptop and get to stitching so there will be updates next time.  Welcome to my new followers, I hope you will visit often and thank you to all my followers for stopping by and leaving wonderful comments.  Now to makes some xxs

14 comments:

Unknown said...

What a perfect world this would be if I could stitch and read at the same time...

I really need to subscribe to that magazine - I always buy it from the newstand, and it would come earlier, and cost less

Denise said...

Ah, but you can read and stitch at the same time if you buy into the idea that an e-reader can read to you. I need a real book in hand. Love the Ferris books - have them all.

Angela CG said...

I think I am going to have to put that author on my wish list for Christmas this year. What you are able to show of your stitching is wonderful.

Joy said...

I love Monica Ferris' books! I have read a couple and need to continue them. Also, Jennifer Chiaverini has a to die for serious of quilt stories...I have read them all from the beginning and on the library waitlist for the current book. I do like what I see thus far of your secret ornie!

Vickie said...

Minnie I read that book. You will love it. There are quite a few in the series. You will want to get back to the first one and begin a fun time. =)

Shirlee said...

What a fun weekend!

MarchAnn said...

I really enjoyed Skypeing with everyone on Saturday Minnie is was a great way to see faraway friends. I have the Monica Ferris books on my nook but haven't read them. You will have to let me know how you enjoyed it.

EvalinaMaria said...

Cyberstitching on Skype? I love it! Let me know when you guys doing it next time, I would love to join. I think my skype name is evalinaz.

{{{hugs}}}

Emma/Itzy said...

Winter Dream Faerie is gorgeous! Stash enhancing is just as fun as stitching sometimes! hehe :) have fun with your little xxs

Julie said...

Another book to put on my list ;).
And don't you just love skype to keep you in touch.

irene m. said...

Ah yes, Monica Ferris. She has quite a few books out and I've kept up with them all. Kind of fun reading and not too complicated for my brain. LOL I also bought the magazine. For some reason the little gnome/elf guy on the front caught my interest. Not my usual style but he insisted on coming to my house.

The Maiden said...

I full encourage you to stitch a Nora C, they are amazing and so fun!

The Maiden said...

I full encourage you to stitch a Nora C, they are amazing and so fun!

Anonymous said...

After we glance at the word the expression appreciate, installing relation to an intimate romance by using another, however being a emotion that is definitely engendered if you have miltchmonkey a much better relationship yourself as well , or perhaps as being a feeling of larger unity with your family or maybe the human race * that turns into a lot more superior that every someone is looking to get in your everyday living is certainly enjoy.