Tuesday, February 7, 2012

WIPOCALYSPE

It’s time again for Wipocalyspe, my goodness how time flies.  It you don’t know what this is click on the dragon button on my side bar and it will take you to more info.  As I’ve said in a previous post I love my instant gratification so I stitched mostly the last few days on my little lucky cat design and also I had two finishes near the end of January so my wips haven’t changed much but here they are.

One thing I did discover on the Rose Sampler is that I actually used the wrong shade of gray around that top edge.  I used DMC 413 (Dk Pewter Gray) instead of DMC 415 (Pearl Gray), the DMC 318 (Lt Steel Gray) was correct.  That misread turned out to be a good thing, I think that little bit of dark makes that edge pop.



This outline around the third woman’s face is all the progress I made the last time I touched the African Women but every stitch counts (pun intended). The Champagne is still untouched and the memorial is still on hold for soldier info.  Well I have to finish blog hopping so I can make more wonderful little xxs, so thanks for stopping by and leaving comments, I love them. 

10 comments:

geeky Heather said...

"The champagne is still untouched..." That phrase would make me really sad if it were real-life champagne, LOL! =) Everything is looking good.

Shirlee said...

You have so many nice projects in the works : ) Blessings, Shirlee

Jan said...

Rose Sampler is really pretty. The ladies are coming along nicely.

Ewa said...

Everything looks great, Minnie! And I agree, that shade of gray makes the pinks really truly pop.

Ziggyeor said...

Everything looks good. Hope the champagne gets touched next month.

robindefender said...

Pretty pieces!

Julie said...

Hi Minnie.
The African ladies are looking good,along with the Rose.Hope you get the info for the Memorial piece.

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

great progress :D

TammyK said...

It's great watching the progress of the African ladies. You have some great wip's :-)

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

You do some very lovely stitching!