Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Backstitch, beads and more.

Surprise! I'm back again with a little update.  After my last post I realized that I had missed showing a finish. This one I think I showed before when I finished the stitching and it was still without the beads. It now has all of the beading done.

Bella Bee

"Bella Bee" is designed by Nora Corbett, she is stitched on 28ct Lugana from Under the Sea Fabrics "Daphne". She is a complementary design to my "Bella Butterfly". Also by Nora Corbett.

Bella Butterfly

The next thing I worked on was a new start, this is a design I picked up on my last trip to New Orleans, when I got to visit Accents Inc. in Metairie, LA. 

Jazz Funeral


"Jazz Funeral" is designed by a local designer in New Orleans, Rose Le Blanc. It represents an African American tradition and I started stitching it for #blackhistorymonth365sal. 
 The last design I worked on is a WIP (work in progress) that I inherited from my friend Connie G. This is a Joan Elliott Design called "Blackwork Peacocks", Connie started the stitch on 32 ct. Jobelan from Fabrics by LJ in "Razzleberry"



I am loving stitching on this beautiful design, I am amazed at the way the peacock is coming alive. The fabric is also GORGIOUS! Connie gave me plenty for another project and I love it.  Well time to get back to making those wonderful little xxs. Happy Stitching!

 

No comments: