Friday, August 17, 2018

Just Checkin In

I didn't want the whole month to go by without another post, this will be a short one. If you are wondering why, well I have been possessed, obsessed and consumed by Joan Elliott's "Rose Goddess"

I did a small conversion of the skin tone but everything else is as charted. I will as always leave the beading for last and there will be plenty. I stitched on this one exclusively until I ran out of the red Kreinik in the border so for a couple of days she sat watching me while I started a small piece from the 2018 Halloween issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine. When I went to stitch night at my LNS on Wednesday I picked up more Kreinick and finished the small "Hanging With My Boo!"
I just loved this little ornament and it looks great on the 28ct linen from Under the Sea Fabrics called Lycan's Moon.  So now you know what I've been up to and it time to make some more of those wonderful little xxs.

4 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

I love what you did to the face. Happy stitching Minnie.

Marilyn said...

Rose Goddess is gorgeous!!
What an intense piece.
Your conversion is perfect.
Cute little Halloween ornaments also.
Marilyn

Mii Stitch said...

I really like your Halloween little crosses! The fabric is gorgeous :) Great progress on your goddess too.

Katie said...

I don't blame you. She is just beautiful indeed. It's so much fun to be in love with a piece. I do have to say though I love the cute Halloween piece. Too cute!